HOW IT WORKS
EASY PROCESS. FAST RESULTS.
Pluto works with data from your SMS, together with insights and input from your teachers, to create optimally balanced class lists.
THE PROCESS OF CLASS LISTS WITH PLUTO
CUSTOMIZE PLUTO TO YOUR SCHOOL
Principals create and define variables that will determine student placements in class lists at your school.
Watch our video to see how you can customize Pluto to your school’s needs.
COMPLETE DIGITAL STUDENT CARDS
Teachers enter information (academic, behavioral, social etc) on your customized student card.
This information, in combination with the priorities set by your management staff, is what Pluto will use to place students.
PLUTO CREATES YOUR CLASSES
Pluto’s school-smart algorithm does all the heavy lifting, automatically generating balanced classes based on your school’s needs.
- minimizes the time required to create class lists,
- reduces the complexity in the process,
- supports you in creating balanced classes with justified student placements.
REVIEW AND ADJUST
Pluto does not compromise the “human touch”, because ultimately when it comes to class lists, you know your students, your school and your goals best.
Once Pluto has generated your class lists, you can move students between classes as needed and Pluto’s conflict indicators will alert you of any issues with the new placement.
Have peace of mind knowing that all your students’ individual needs have been considered and you’ve created optimally balanced classes for next year.
See what our customers are saying about Pluto.
WHAT STUDENT NEEDS DOES PLUTO CONSIDER?
- Ensure a good range of abilities in all classes
- Group students by reading levels and numeracy stages
- Assign special needs students to specific teachers
- Handpick students for a smaller class (eg. extra support or extension)
- Match student needs to teacher traits (eg. needs teacher with strength in maths)
- Ensure a fair balance of behavior in all classes based on teachers' input
- Separate students with negative peer relationships. Pluto retains this information year to year
- Handpick students to be with specific teachers
- Specify graduate teachers and students suitable for them
- Get equal class sizes
- Place recommended friendships or learning buddies together.
- Guarantee that students that must be together will be together (eg. twins or students with high needs)
- Place English language learners together if needed
- Get an even balance of ethnicities in every class
- Get an even split of boys and girls in every class